The second Associate Studio to be developed out of the collaborative project between Double agents and Acme Studios opened in the Highline Building in Elephant & Castle in October 2015 and is now inviting applications for the next round; October 2017-2019. Like the first Studio in Stockwell, established in 2013, the studio operates as a ‘transitional’ space for recent graduates from the BA Fine Art course at Central Saint Martins. Again like the Stockwell Studio it’s housed in a new UAL Hall of Residence.
This second Studio follows the same model as the first and offers space for twelve graduates from BA Fine Art at CSM, and brings the total number of Associate places offered to twenty. It provides a very affordable route into a professional studio space in a mutually supportive environment and is underpinned by a programme of collective dialogue and mentoring involving professional artists, writers, curators proposed by the Associates themselves.
The programme provides:
• Studio space in a new-build ground floor open-plan site totalling approx. 223 sq.m/2,400 sq.ft for twelve graduates from BA Fine Art at CSM.
• Purpose designed studio space located within a UAL Hall of Residence built to a high specification benefiting from natural light, three meter high ceilings, lighting, power, heating, internet access, shared wash-up and WC facilities and 24-hour access.
• Tenancy with Acme Studios for two years, at a rate of £6 per sq.ft (50% standard rental) – we are planning for an average weekly rent for each artist of approximately £25 per week.
• A programme of studio visits by artists, curators and writers.
• Registration, for the selected twelve graduates, with Acme from start of occupancy – in preparation for the possibility of a future studio tenancy after the completion of the programme.
• Inclusion, for all applicants, on the Associate Studio Programme waiting list, used to fill any places that become free during the two-year period.
The Associate Studio Programme is open to applications from CSM BA Fine Art students graduating in 2016 and 2017.
There will be a Presentation and Q&A session, with Graham Ellard on Wednesday 10 May, 1pm E003, at Central Saint Martins, Granary Square, Kings Cross.
2016 Graduates from BA Fine Art at CSM are invited to this meeting. To ensure access to the building for that meeting they must RSVP by 5pm Tuesday 2 May to the email address: email@example.com, with the subject line – CSM ASP 2007 Briefing Meeting.
An Application Form and Further Information can be downloaded from the links at the bottom of this page.
The deadline for applications is 10am Monday 12 June. Please read the Further Information carefully for all eligibility criteria and application requirements.
The 2017 programme runs from 1 October 2017 until September 30 2019.