This is the second Associate Studio to be developed out of the collaborative project between Double agents and Acme Studios. Like the first Studio in Stockwell, established in 2013, this operates as a ‘transitional’ studio space for recent graduates from the BA Fine Art course at Central Saint Martins. Again like the Stockwell Studio it’s housed in a new UAL Hall of Residence; the Highline Building, this one in Elephant & Castle, south east London.
Double agents’s and Acme’s intention from the beginning was not just to create a new kind of programme of support for graduates, but to create a new kind of model – one that was portable, scalable and sustainable. This second Studio adopts that model and will offer space for twelve graduates from the final year cohorts 2014 and 2015, and bring the total number of Associate places offered to twenty. It will provide a very affordable route into a professional studio space in a mutually supportive environment and underpinned by a programme of collective dialogue and mentoring involving professional artists and academics.
The programme provides:
• Studio space in a new-build ground floor open-plan site totalling approx. 223 sq.m/2,400 sq.ft for twelve graduates from BA Fine Art at CSM.
• Purpose designed studio space located within a UAL Hall of Residence built to a high specification benefiting from natural light, three meter high ceilings, lighting, power, heating, internet access, shared wash-up and WC facilities and 24-hour access.
• Tenancy with Acme Studios for two years, at a rate of £6 per sq.ft (50% standard rental) – we are planning for an average weekly rent for each artist of approximately £25 per week.
• A programme of studio visits by artists, curators and writers.
• Inclusion, for the selected twelve graduates, on Acme’s Waiting List from start of occupancy – in preparation for the possibility of a future studio tenancy after the completion of the programme.
• Inclusion, for all applicants, on the Associate Studio Programme waiting list, used to fill any places that become free during the two-year period.
There will be a Presentation and Q&A session, with Graham Ellard on Wednesday 6 May, 1pm E003, at Central Saint Martins, Granary Square, Kings Cross.
2014 Graduates from BA Fine Art at CSM are invited to the meeting on May 6. Please RSVP by 5pm Monday 4 May to the email address: email@example.com, with the subject line – CSM Associate Studio Programme 2.
An Application Form and Further Information can be downloaded from the links at the bottom of this page. Applications are invited from 2014 and 2015 graduates from BA Fine Art at CSM only. The deadline for applications is 10am Monday 8 June.
THE 2015 ROUND IS NOW CLOSED TO APPLICATIONS. APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEXT ROUND WILL BE INVITED IN SPRING 2017